In addition to our strategic advisory work, Twoeyes actively develops an equity portfolio of investee companies at various stages of development.
While Twoeyes preferred approach is a flat-rate fee or a monthly retainer arrangement, from time to time, we may take minority equity investments in client companies as a fee for advisory work or to assist emerging entities.
In developing its portfolio of venture investments, Twoeyes takes an active equity position in quality early-stage ventures with the underlying potential to develop into well-rounded companies that:
- Have an ownership-base that is seeking growth and who understand the possible need to leverage equity to maximise the wealth position of all shareholders.
- Have a provable business model with products and services that address a Tier-1 market-need in a potentially global market that is currently under-satisfied, with the model demonstrating substantial sales potential within 3-5 years.
- Can attract high-quality management, staff and board members.
- Can be leaders in their field.
- Are in emerging growth markets.
- Have proprietary technology/IP with compelling and sustainable competitive advantages that is or is near market-ready.
- High gross margins and a requirement for modest expansion capital.
- Have the type of risks that can be mitigated and/or removed during the venture development stage.
- Satisfactory valuation and investment terms.
- Have the potential to attract follow-on venture funding and/or have potential for substantial gains via a trade sale within 3 to 5 years.